Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Here are some pancakes from me to you!
I have a love affair with avocados and bananas. I have both of these foods daily in one form or another in my meal.They’re both creamy and so versatile that you can make anything with them!
So I decided to experiment with the flavours and made a batch of these Melt-in-Your-Heart Chocolate Covered Avocado Banana Pancakes!
The avocado and bananas combined work so well together! The sweetness of the banana complement the tartness of the avocado and the chocolate sauce brings everything together!
Here are the ingredients you need!
Makes 5 big thick pancakes.
For the Pancakes:
1/2 cup wholemeal flour
1/2 cup oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp maple syrup (or honey, or another sweetener you prefer)
2 eggs (or 2.5 tsb flaxseeds with 5 tsb of water for a flax egg, let the flax egg sit for 10 minutes to gel up)
1/4 cup of almond milk (or another milk you prefer)
1 1/2 avocado (mashed)
1 super duper ripe banana (mashed)
Extra coconut oil for oiling the pancakes
For the Vegan Chocolate Sauce:
2 heaped tsb of coconut oil (melted)
1 Tbsp of cacao powder
1 Tbsp of maple syrup (or another sweetener you prefer)
Heart shaped stencil (optional)
For the Pancakes:
1. Combine the dry ingredients, wholemeal flour, oats, and baking soda together in a large bowl.
2. Combine the wet ingredients together in another bowl. Then incorporate slowly into the dry ingredients. Mix well.
3. Heat up a pan and use 2 tsb of coconut oil into the pan. When the pan is hot, drop approximately 3 tsb of the pancake batter and form a circle. When you see the edges of the circle begin to firm and brown up, then flip the pancakes to cook the other side. Cook for another minute or so on the other side. Continue this process until all the pancake batter is finished.
4. Put the pancakes into a plate. After the pancakes have cooled to touch, then with your heart shaped stencil press it down onto each of the pancakes. Stack or lay out the heart-shaped pancakes in a plate. Don’t throw away the leftover edges, you can eat them too! 🙂
For the Chocolate Sauce:
1. In a pan, put water and heat it up until it is boiling. Put a bowl that fits nicely over the pan.
2. Put the coconut oil into the bowl to let it melt. Once it melts, remove the pan from the fire. Incorporate the cacao powder and also the honey. Mix thoroughly.
3. Let the mixture sit for 10 – 15 minutes to let it firm up slightly. This makes it easier to drizzle over the pancakes.
4. Drizzle the chocolate mixture over the pancakes.
1. Decide whether you’re going to surprise your special someone in bed or at the breakfast table.
2. Once you’ve decided, decorate the table with a cute place mat, heart shaped treats, and beautiful flowers.
3. Serve the pancakes with fresh raspberries or strawberries and also with the chocolate sauce on the side.
4. Serve with love!
These Chocolate Avocado Banana Pancakes make the perfect breakfast surprise treat for your special someone! Be sure to tell them how much you love them! They will definitely melt in their heart!
If you make these pancakes, be sure to tag me on Instagram @wellnesstogo and #wellnesstogo. I would love to see your creations!
From my heart to yours!